Top 5 Treatments for Medical Travellers Medical Tourism Benefits
Are you interested in to travel abroad for your treatment? See this video and know the TOP 5 treatments for Medical Travelers. http://www.placidway.com/article/1637/Top-5-Treatments-for-Medical-Travellers- There are a lot of reasons why global patients make an effort to travel abroad and seek the most affordable yet high quality healthcare. The respondents that have been surveyed in the Consumer Demand Analysis conducted by PlacidWay indicated they have traveled to seek healthcare abroad. These respondents journeyed out of their home countries for various treatments and procedures, ranging from dental, to cosmetic and even stem cell treatments. Here is a compilation of the most popular treatments made by medical travelers in the year 2014.
Contact us directly:
Top 5 Treatments for Medical Travelers.
1. Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery.
Aside from being healthy, improving one’s looks may it be through beauty treatments or cosmetic surgery remain our priority. Proof of its relevance in the medical tourism industry is evident as it topped the list as the most common procedure patients travel for. The most visited destinations are Thailand, South Korea, Mexico and Turkey while the common procedures under it are breast implants/augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck and face lift.
2. Dentistry. Based on PlacidWay’s Consumer Demand Analysis, the most prevalent treatment among international patients was dental treatment. The rise of dental tourism is due to the increasing consciousness of people to receive dental hygiene and the limited insurance coverage from insurance companies.
3. Obesity/Bariatric Surgery. The problem with weight management and obesity is one of the reasons why this procedure makes 3rdamong the top treatments. Nonetheless, the good news about treating obesity is that if diet and exercise don’t work, you can always go for an affordable gastric band (lap band), and gastric sleeve which are common in countries like Mexico, India, South Korea, Turkey, Costa Rica and Thailand.
4. Fertility Treatment. Deciding to undergo infertility treatments abroad is not an easy call especially if you are concerned about moral and religious issues. Despite the contradictions, infertility treatments make the top 4 of treatments medical tourists avail of abroad. Top destinations for these procedures are India, Thailand, Turkey, Mexico, Cyprus and Georgia while the common treatments include In Vitro Fertilization and Surrogacy.
5. Stem Cell for Chronic Disease. Having been diagnosed with a chronic disease such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s can be devastating. Although there have been clinical trials for new treatments, some remain hopeless of the treatment outcomes and prognosis. Despite these, some patients have newfound hope in Live Cell Therapy. These treatments work by replacing damaged organ cells or by supporting intrinsic cell repair – that is why they possess so much potential to be used in the treatment of chronic conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and diabetes.
helpful tags: Medical Tourism Destinations, Top Medical Tourism, Low Cost Health Treatments Abroad, Cosmetic Treatments, Travel Abroad, Travel Abroad Programs, Travel Abroad Cheap, Medical Tourism, What Is A Medical Tourism, Destinations For Medical Tourism, Medical Tourism, Medical Travel, Placidway, High Quality Treatments Worldwide, Medical Travelers, Health Travel, Overseas Affordable Health Treatment